Flying with Tiger Airways

22:26

has never been a pleasurable experience.

I've heard from a lot of people saying how awful the service and everything about the airline is but I never really cared that much and just brush it all off.

But recently,  I feel that I'm kinda getting sick of the services provided by Tiger Air.

Flight delays, flight cancellations, unfriendly services and cabin crew, and anything you can think of that makes up an awful airline.

Just the other day, my flight was delayed for more than an hour without prior notice and I was like wtf happened to my flight?! I was a bit panicking at the airport because my grandma's flight with the same airline got cancelled the other day when she was already at the airport so I was afraid that the same thing would happen.

My next decisions was to go directly to the service counter to ask about my flight details. 

What really pissed me off is what I saw and heard when I waiting in line for my turn at the counter.

The old man in front of me who was wheelchair bound wanted to book a flight somewhere and he asked the guy behind the counter if they had any services that could help him board the aircraft. The guy told him it would cost him S$200 (one-way) to use the lift because as you know, tiger air is a budget airline so they don't have skyways directly into the aircraft.

He also told the old man he would have to check-in his wheelchair and he could use the airline wheelchair to board the aircraft. BUT! Yes, there's a but. The old man would have to walk to his seat himself because the wheelchair could not fit in. WTF?! The man is already wheelchair bound and you expect him to walk to his seat?! What kind of effing logic is that?!

If I was that old man I would have already raised my voice at the guy behind the counter. The old man instead very calmly told him that he could not walk so how was he going to get to his seat? The guy told the old man he could not help with that. He had to either think of a way to get to his seat himself or have a friend carry him. Are you serious?! The old can't walk and he's traveling alone and you expect him to walk himself to his seat?! Why can't any of the cabin crew help?! The old man then just turned away without booking his flight.

I really felt sorry for the old man and wanted to help but I can't because the flight he wanted to book was different from mine :(

That was not the only thing that pissed me off about the airline that day. 

Another old man who was seated beside me during the flight back to Kuching may have forgotten to turn off his phone for the whole flight and it rang just when the aircraft was landing. The air stewardess didn't not politely tell the man to turn off his phone but instead shouted at him to turn off his phone. 

I'm not saying I'm siding with the man or the air stewardess but the air stewardess actually glared at the old man. I thought they were suppose to be friendly despite any circumstances?! I may not know where you've been or how tired you were but aren't you suppose to make our flying experience a good one?!

I think I won't be using Tiger Air anymore given the experiences I had with them.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow Me on Instagram

Popular Posts