Sekinchan and Fireflies

15:36

Me and the bf and a few of his friends went to Sekinchan last Saturday just because we have never been there. So it was a spontaneous one day trip. 

Fun fact about Sekinchan: Its name Sekinchan (适耕庄)in chinese means "village suitable for plantation". The place is also known as a fishing village famous for its fresh and cheap seafood, and also one of the rice bowls of Malaysia.

Gwiyomi male version. Hahah

Super sweet and huge mangoes selling for RM9/kg which is also quite expensive.

We went to the beach before dinner and one of the bf's friend said that there was where they filmed one of the local chinese dramas (which I don't know because I don't watch a lot of TV) on the tree-house .
 Couples having their per-wedding shots in front of the sunset.



 After dinner we headed back to Selangor to catch the fireflies show. RM40/boat.

I remember when I was little I could see and catch them with our bare hands just behind my grandma's house in the garden. They made grandma's garden looked like there were dozens of Christmas trees. There was one time I was afraid to catch them because I thought they would burn. But now they are all gone. :(

Seeing the fireflies again made me feel like a child again. 

Flash photography isn't allowed  because it will scare the fireflies away. But if you look harder, there's actually a few dots in the photo but its not clear because they were actually more than hundreds or even thousands of them.
The guide told us the experience being there cannot be taken like a photograph but through the experience of being there ourselves. It is something that we should see and feel for ourselves. Wise words.


xx

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. How lovely!! I miss Malaysia <3 you're so lucky :) It's been yeeears since I've seen a firefly..x

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me on Instagram

Popular Posts